Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving, Christmas Tree, My Arm, Adoption, Etc.

Had a great Thanksgiving, just the two of us! Would have loved to be with family, but it just didn't work out. We managed to get our Christmas tree (a real one - gotta love that fresh piney smell) up and decorated and decorated the rest of the house. Will hopefully post pics later!
Am having a very nasty allergic reaction (I guess) at the incision site on my left arm. Itches and burns frightfully. Red, swollen and blistered. I go to the doctor tomorrow - wonder if I am allergic to the dissolvable stitches or if it was the steri strips. Don't know, but it sure isn't fun to be awakened in the middle of the night to a severe burning and itching that makes chicken pox seem like a very small irritant. I was a bad girl and went ahead and removed the wrap and the steri strips today. Isn't itching quite as badly. Just oozing from every blister. By the way, lest anyone think I am taking this lightly, I did call the ortho doctor on call and she simply told me to wash any remaining Betadine off and take some Benadryl. I told her I was worried about possible infection, but she wasn't, even kinda laughed at me, so... I'll see what my ortho doc says tomorrow.
On to other things - our ADOPTION HOME VISIT IS FRIDAY!!I'm kinda freaking out about that cleaning, cleaning clearing up clutter, etc. I will be glad to have that over with.
Other things of note - the population in our fish tank is declining, Smudge has had a positive attitude adjustment for which we are all (Nick and Little included) truly grateful, and we had a truly relaxed Thanksgiving weekend. TaTa for now!!

1 comment:

Kim M. said...

I had an allergic reaction like that to the strips they used on my Csection (of all things!) It was miserable so I am totally understanding how you feel! Ugh!

I am so excited for you about your adoption progress! :-)