Friday, November 21, 2008

Hello - do I have any readers left???

It's been a while since I've been on here! A lot has happened in a couple months. Dad was in a serious car accident in October and is still slowly recovering in a hospital in Denver. I flew out to be with Mom and Dad for a week right after the accident. To keep up with his progress, check out my sister Dixie's blog - she writes updates daily.

We are stiil working on adoption stuff. I have another educational worksheet to finish and send in, then our homestudy home visit can be scheduled. We are hoping our homestudy will be completed and sent to immigration before 2008 is over. We also have some online adoption education modules to complete.
I had outpatient surgery on my left wrist yesterday - DeQuervain's release. I've been having trouble with it since April, had cortisone shots, wore a splint forever, etc. but nothing worked, so hopefully the problem is corrected. It's in a half cast and wrap until December 1st, then probably another splint and therapy. It's slowing me down quite a bit, which is very frustrating. But as my husband tells me I had better be careful so I don't damage any good that's been done.
I have SO MUCH to do in the house before our home visit and now I have to rely on my hubby to do much of it. Bless his heart, he's gonna be lugging stuff all over for me, as well as putting up the Christmas tree (hopefully next weekend.)

5 comments:

Dixie said...

I'm still here! And your husband is correct, you had better be careful with your arm! It was nice to see a post come through from you! Take good care of yourself.

Dixie

Unknown said...

Wow it is nice to see you still know how to use the computer. Now you should have more time to update since you have to be good and not work so hard!!!!!
Jodi

Gayle said...

Welcome back! We know you and your family have gone through a lot and we are praying for you all.
Sis E

Sharlyn said...

Congrats to you, too! Thanks for the sweet comment. Look forward to hearing how things are going for you!

Kim M. said...

I have you on my blogger dashboard so every time you update, I know! Yay! I am glad you are back. We have been praying for your dad/family. Hope he is better!
Hope your arm gets better soon!