Friday, February 1, 2008

There's still hope

Thank you to all who left kind comments on my last post. I spent some time crying and praying about all this and then spent several hours online the other night checking out different agencies, countries and requirements, etc. I found an agency I think is for us and another country. I requested an info and application packet and received it today. The agency is in PA, not far from the other one. I also talked to someone at that office yesterday and she was very kind and very helpful. Sooo... we are going to fill out this application, send it in and see what happens. I must say I am even more excited about the prospect of adopting from this country than China, and so is my husband. The country requirements are not near as strict, so Mike being one handed should not be a problem. The lady I talked with at the agency said she was sure it wouldn't be, but she would double check with that country for our peace of mind. This adoption could possibly go even much quicker than China, provided we can come up with all the fees in time. I'm not sure whether to say which country or not until I find out if we'll be accepted or not. So hang in there with me and I will let you know!!

9 comments:

Holly said...

Great! We'll keep praying.

Holly said...

Great! We'll keep praying.

Kim M. said...

I just know it will work out! I will be praying!

The Sayler Family said...

He's knoweth the ways that we take - just think of how shiny you and Mike will be when this is all done! Love ya,
Kim

Mamabear said...

Heidi!! I'm so glad you found my blog! This is the first time I've seen a pic of you and your man. You look so cute and happy together!
I'll be praying about your adoption. We were in the beginning stages for adopting from another country when Stephen came along,,,I still have a pull for it in my heart. I hope things work quickly and easily for you.
SO good to hear from you! Tracey

Kim M. said...

http://leastlikelytorespond.blogspot.com/2008/02/sonel.html

I thought of you when I saw this. Not that I expect you to jump in with both feet because this type of thing takes a LOT of prayer but I thought I'd at least share it. I know Harold & Kayla from my Hobe Sound days.

David and Rachel said...

Hi, I just stumbled across your blog and I'm glad I did. I'm not sure if you will remember me, I belive you taught at Evangelistic Tabernacle Academy in Cooperstown PA. one year.
My maiden name is Shirley.

SusieJamesteddybayer said...

Heidi,
Would you please contact me at my email of call grandma. I have information that can help you out. The family that has adopted 4 children had sent me a letter of who they been through and the good and the bad for them.
Thank you
Susie

Karen Carroll said...

Heidi,
I can't believe I found you! It has been a long time. Let's stay connected.
My blog is karencarroll.blogspot.com

Love,
Karen