Monday, February 18, 2008

Adoption Update

We have been accepted with the new agency to adopt from Colombia, South America! We are both very excited about this and have to decided to request a sibling group of two or three as they often are the children that wait the longest. Colombia tries to keep siblings together as much as possible, and not many people wish to adopt more than one at a time. The scary part is that this could really reduce our waiting time, which means we have to come up with the financing a little quicker. We have stacks of paperwork to get started on, birth certificates and marriage certificates to order. I have already ordered 5 copies of my birth certificate and should have them in about a week to a week and a half. Mike's is a bit more complicated as he was born in Guatemala (also a lot more expensive) and could take up to 8 weeks to receive. We hope to get the first round of papers and money turned in this week. It's a big step, but we are trusting God to work it all out!

7 comments:

Dixie said...

This is so exciting! I was talking with some of the girls within the last week and I think we are all excited about it. Jodi and I think that you need 3. That would be quite a handful but I think so fun.

Lyndi said...

Yay!! It is quite exciting! I get to be an aunt again. I hope you get 3 also! Hopefully, things will go smoothly from here on out!

Vicki Clifton said...

Wonderful! I'm so excited for you!

I'll try to call soon. Darrell and Paul are pretty sick...hopefully, they will get better soon!
Vicki

The Sayler Family said...

Wow - instant family! But of all the people I know, you're one of the few that could REALLY make it work well. We'll keep praying!

Holly said...

Awesome news! I hope all goes well and quickly.

Dixie said...

Heidi, It looks like you are going to need to moderate your comments due to spam. If you are not sure how to set it up you can call me and I will walk you through it. I just recently set mine to moderate because I was getting spam comments.

Dixie

Kim M. said...

I agree that it is very exciting. I am trying to imagine you being childless and then have a bunch of kids all at once! Wow! That is so neat! Thanks for the updates!