Sunday, March 16, 2008

On Hold!

We are currently in a holding pattern in our adoption process. This is for financial reasons. Not the way I really want it to be, but Mike and I have discussed it and decided it would be for the best for a few months while we try to pay some things off and perhaps have an adoption fundraiser or two. While waiting there are still quite a few things we can do, like apply for passports, finish our pre-adoptive training, collect some of our paperwork, write our autobiographies for our homestudy, and work and save like crazy. I have been following the adoptions of several families and while I am very happy for them, I so want this to move faster. But God knows what He is doing and sees the big picture that I don't see. If you have any fundraising ideas, money-saving tips, etc. let me know!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hello there. I received the comment on our blog and have added you to our favorites so I can follow your journey as well. Best of luck on the paper chase and being creative with the financial part. All I can say is that all of the time and money is worth it. God will guide you on this path he has lead you to. Many Blessings, Beth

Sherri said...

Heidi,

Thanks so much for praying for our family! It's a HUGE blessing to find comments from people we have never met that are praying on our behalf. We'll lift up your adoption as well. I thought I was a patient person, until I started the adoption process! God certainly shows Himself in the waiting too. I'm excited to watch your journey unfold!

God bless you, and many thanks!

Sherri