Sunday, August 1, 2010

Another Update

It's hard to believe it has been six months since my last post. My sisters will definitely be amazed that I have at last added something to my blog! Pertaining to adoption, we are approved and on the list in Colombia. We recently had our homestudy updated and are waiting for our immigration approval update and fingerprinting appointment. When that is completed, we will be good to wait for another 18 mos. before we have to complete any more paperwork. Hopefully our adoption will go through by then, but that is uncertain as our wait time could be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. We have done quite a bit of work on the "kids room" and it could be called almost ready. That of course depends on the age of the kids. If one is an infant, we will need to add a crib, etc.
In other news, Peanut is now 17 months old and is very protective of her property and her people. She does not care for the UPS driver as she thinks he is stealing things when he comes to pick up the packages we are shipping! So "beware of dog" if you decide to take something from this property!
Thursday of this week, 2 friends and I headed to Valley Forge, PA for 2 and a half days of Creating Keepsakes Convention - fun classes and awesome shopping. I really have enjoyed doing this for the past three years, but this year is likely my last, since I hope to be a mommy or be very close to being a mommy by this time next year.
This coming Thursday Mike and I will be celebrating 5 years of marriage. It's hard to believe 5 years have passed already. It's been a wonderful 5 years with a wonderful man! I thank God for my hubby.

2 comments:

sherryldickinson said...

Hi Heidi!
I am delighted that you two are adopting children from Colombia. Man alive! It sure takes a LOOOOONG time for all of the red-tape to go through!
I love you five Weingard girls!
Sherry Dickinson

Kim M. said...

That is so exciting, Heidi! I hope the time flies for you!