Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Birthday in Heaven!

Today you would have turned 65! But you're in a place where you will never get older, you will never have pain and never cry. Here on earth the pain is still great and sometimes I don't know if I can stand it. The pain of knowing I'll not hear your voice on the telephone again, I'll never hike another trail with you, never go camping with you, never have another lesson from you about the stars. It's hard knowing that Mom faces lonely nights and weekends. Sometimes we thought you talked too much, but now I just wish I could hear you one more time! Every holiday that comes around brings thoughts of you and what you would have done to celebrate, how you would always point us to Jesus, for without him we wouldn't have any holidays. The tears still come and the pain is still there but there is a peace knowing you are safe in Heaven. I love you and miss you, Daddy, more than I can say, but someday I'll see you again!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kim M. said...

What a precious tribute. Your post makes me wish I knew him too.

Vicki Clifton said...

Heidi,
I just sat down and checked stuff on the computer. I'm sorry. I didn't realize your dad's birthday was Sat. I wanted to cry with you at the pain you feel. You have a wonderful way of putting your feelings into words. I'm sure somehow your dad knows just how much you miss him. So sorry...
Love ya
Vicki

Beth Stetler said...

I think of your Mom and you girls often. I know y'all miss him so much.

Holly said...

Thanks, Heidi.

sarahmfry said...

Love this picture of him....great man. I remember one time when we were GBS neighbors he called our house to ask my mom some specific questions about salad greens. I completely didn't get what he meant by greens, and proceeded to give him my eager opinion on how to make a great salad. I still cringe when I think of it. Thankfully, he was a patient man. = ) He's another reason that reminds me this is not our home.....